Sunday 21 July 2013

Sizzling Hot

As I sit on my balcony in Athens feeling the glorious sunshine here, I receive numerous texts from UK Twitter about the continuous proposals and changes to how services for children and families through the early years are being supported and offered.

Its seems that the climate is not the only cause of raising temperatures !

New qualifications, funding, organisation, testing, formality, cries for humanity, equality, justice, creativity and play. 

Presenting wisely during these Sizzling times can be extremely challenging. 

I always enjoy reading Julian Grenier's blog on these matters. 

When I return to the UK at the end of October to resume my work in Education I wonder what I will find there. 


What is certain for me is that no matter what the changes are, I will continue to lead workshops and programmes that speak to the heart of humanity. Raising standards aimed at children reaching their full potential, strengthening families and communities. 

If you would like to know more see www.tracyseedassociates.co.uk

Here in Greece I'm working with those who come to rest, to recuperate, to reflect, to contemplate;  joining people in reconsidering their life styles, their values and perceptions about what really matters. If you would like to know more see www.tracyseedcoaching.com

Here are some extra tips for reducing the Sizzling.
Most of these were taken from a social network posting that my friend and colleague Karl Smerecnick made, concerning how to  cope with the heat. 

Tips on keeping cool


  • Wet down your hair (especially at night). 
  • Wear a wet shirt and turn a fan on yourself. 
  • Wear hats outside (and sunblock!)
  • Drink plenty of water. 
  • Make slush puppies
  • Wear a cold washcloth around you neck. 
  • For quick relief use an ice rag to the the bottom of the soles of your feet, this helps the core temperature and the heat drop quickly and heat.
  • Drink cool water infused with cucumber
  • Drink cool water infused with mint and lemon
  • Eat cooling foods such as cucumber, yoghurt, most berries, sweet fruits, sushi, seaweed salad!
  • Run cold water over your wrists and the back of your neck 
  • Finish every shower with freezing water. 
  • Have a little siesta. 
  • Breathe slowly
  • Walk in the woods
  • Visit the sea
  • Wear a bandana doused in peppermint oil...if its dry heat, keep the bandana wet because it evaporates.
  • Wear cotton clothes allowing your skin to breathe. 


I hope you enjoyed reading, feel free to add on the comments section

Tracyx




No comments:

Post a Comment